Monday, January 20, 2014

Battling speed and perfection

Here is the first layer of glaze. Trying to keep the whites. Hmmm. I am using a drop or two of Walnut Alkyd medium. Over gessoed canvas it doesn't flow like a watercolour glaze. This I found frustrating. I worked with the canvas flat and tydied up the whites with oms and one of my old small scumble brushes. I am going to do some research on glazing mediums and different support finishes, and practice on some 6x6 practice boards. I won't mix mediums on this painting. Been there done that.
While doing this inititial glaze, I was asking myself why was I trying a different technique and had to talk myself into staying the course.  Learning and trying new things are at first hard and our natural inclination is to stay on the easy path. We never get anywhere new that way. Now for patience and let it dry.
Happy painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment