Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Last One For My Show Started

While at TOSH 10 these past few days I started the last painting for my show. It is 40x40". It is in acrylic. So far I have drawn it out on a black gessoed canvas and started colour blocking it. Today I was working on the kettle but had to stop as my tablet where my reference is,  ran out of power. Then it wouldn't  charge with an extension cord. Oh well too many visitors in the gallery to really get immersed in painting.
I think it is serendipitous that I have chosen to paint the image of my still life prop box. Most of the things in this painting have been included in the other paintings for the show.
My desire is to grab my oils and paint over the acrylic. But I do not have time for oils to dry and I am determined to complete a big realistic painting in acrylic. It is about a positive attitude.  And perseverance.
Growth happens when we challenge ourselves to rise to new heights. Oils are my comfort medium. Acrylics  and I are still getting acquainted.
I will be posting my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment