Thursday, December 12, 2013

Colour Start

What  a busy time of year. A lot of things are pulling me out of the studio. So it has taken me awhile to get back to this painting.
Here is the Nicknack painting with the beginning colour layer. Before I added local colour I stained the tonal drawing with a thin coat of transparent red oxide giving it a warm orangy glow which I hope will peak through.
I will  punch lights and darks as the painting progresses. Trying to not get fiddly yet as this is only the colour mapping and thinking about edges. I am working with some of my scruffy hog hair bristle brushes and leaving my fine sables alone.
Well it is another busy day so I must leave this painting at this stage and hopefully find time over the weekend to continue.
Happy Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment