Monday, December 30, 2013

Defining and planning my 30 paintings in 30 days challenge

Yikes. What did I agree to? Was this in a weak moment after a busy Christmas season when I have been estranged from my studio and feeling in need of a creating fix? Really a crazy time to start this. I will be starting full on costume building for theatre this month. I also have some big big art goals. Will this help me or take me away? The last time I commited to painting daily,I felt my work got dilluted and unfocused. Could this happen again? Should I not do this challenge? Or rise up to it and use it towards my growth in art and as an artist?
I have been doing a lot of thinking and planning on paper. I am both clearer in my dreams and more muddled.
The challenge still needs to be defined and contained within boudaries that I need to impose. More thought is needed. I will let you know.

1 comment:

  1. I say go for it. if you aim for the moon and miss, you still are higher up than you were before you left earth! the paintings can all be small, or you could do paintings within paintings. there is nothing that should make you feel badly if you 'only' get 20 done or even 10. or even one! LOL. more than I will get painted, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete