Monday, June 11, 2012

The Great Greats




As much as I am enjoying painting small daily paintings, I need a project I can sink my teeth into. When I had been at mom and dad's I had gone through some old photos with another project in mind. There some very old photos and this one of my great greats said it needed to be painted. As you can see the original photo is teeny tiny, quite faded and damaged on the back. I tried scanning it but that was unsuccessful, so thi morning I tried with my camera. Much better. I printed off a copy to grid up and will be working from the reference photo viewed through my wall mounted monitor. I drew the image on an 18x24  canvas and roughly painted in the darks and toned the canvas.Hmmm now to think how i will approach this painting. And yes I will be painting it in colour and applying value and temperature.

I will continue to paint daily on small paintings but also working on The Great Greats and updating their progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment