Friday, June 1, 2012

Plein Air at Government House

 Old Rock Stairs
6"x6"
Oil on Paper

I went painting with the Al Frescoes this morning at Government house. It was drizzly and overcast. Again I am using Arches Oil Paper. I decided to use a lot of medium (walnut alkyd) and to paint fairly impressionisticly . The second painting I started with only about about 30 minutes left before the group finished and did the show and share. Slapped on paint and worried only about large spaces of colour. A very different style for me but quite happy with the results.


Mossy Rock
6"x6"
Oil on Paper



2 comments:

  1. I really love this painting. It has a beautiful abstract quality to it similar to some of deKoonings works latter in his life. Interesting. Have you ever consider this style? I do sort of realism but my favs are the abstract painters of the 50's. Just a thought.

    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I will definitely look up deKoonings work.

      Delete