Friday, June 29, 2012

Mud Flat Crossing

Mud Flat Crossing
6x6
Oil on Canvas Panel


I almost didn't go plein air painting today. I am so glad I did. We were at Witty's Lagoon, the long way down to the beach. I could paint there everyday and find something new and exciting to paint. I stopped at the marshy mud flats. This log was once the way across, now there is a bit of boardwalk. Log is still crossable but for how much longer? Nature is slowly reclaiming it.

This painting was a good reminder to check amounts of paints in the pochade box before setting out. I had only a wee tiny bit of white which I had to use very judicially, scraping the still wet areas on the palette from yesterday's painting.. A good lesson on colour. I love the different colour choices I was forced to make.




No comments:

Post a Comment