Saturday, June 30, 2012

Miner's Cabin

Miner's Cabin
6x6
Oil on Canvas Panel

A year ago today we were in Princeton BC.  I have memories of buying chicks en route  and driving up with chirping chicks sitting in a box next to my mother in law and watching River Road Theatre perform 'I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change'.

Walking around this little town I turned the corner and saw one of the smallest house's I have ever seen. When the mine changed to open pit mining the miner's cabins were relocated into town. .This is one of the few still remaining and used as permanent dwellings today.

I have painted this cabin before in a larger painting, making the roof red, and have never been thrilled with that painting. Wanting to revisit this subject I chose to repaint it today, one year from the first time time I saw it. I painted smaller and tried to keep it simple. I like it much more than the fist painting. 

This little cabin will always bring back the memories of Princeton,

No comments:

Post a Comment